28 November 2010

Hong Kong for the Holidays

Despite the fact that it feels nothing like Christmas time and it's minimum 75 degrees every day, I am still experiencing the holiday spirit here in HK.

Thank you random band in ifc mall for that touching rendition of I'll Be Home For Christmas. Because I indeed will be.

Now let me give you a run down of my Thanksgiving festivities. 
I spent the day walking through a few markets, one of which was the goldfish market---SO cool.

Then I took the Star Ferry across the harbor and SURPRISE... the buildings are all decked out for Christmas.

 It's pretty magical.
This among other holiday decorations here are quite impressive.





Next I met my dear friends Jon & Laura at ifc mall to head to Thanksgiving dinner at the Smith household that we had been so kindly invited to. 
Before we ventured off we HAD to get a picture with the mall display though. 
"Christmas Puppet Town"
I can't get enough of the decorating themes they come up with here in HK.

The meal itself was absolutely delightful. I didn't take any pictures because the token Canadian at the American Thanksgiving was snapping enough for all of us. Hopefully she posts them on facebook for me to steal or something... hint, hint.

Here is a picture of the second round of Thanksgiving that we had at the Smith's house on Sunday afternoon. Not exactly the same, but similar.

 Equally if not more delicious. Maybe because I helped make the salad this time. I guess I'm biased. But the apple crisp that was provided at Thanksgiving Round 1 was DELIGHTFUL.





We had dessert at Sunday's as well. 
Yeah, it was as good as it looks. The Christmas sprinkles really topped it off for me. Overall, Thanksgiving was full of good food, good people, and GREAT stories with even greater commentary. 
There truly was never a dull moment.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'm ready to move on to Christmas. As is Festival Walk mall judging by their 5 story tall tree. 

Literally. 5 stories.
This picture only shows the top half. 

So far the holidays have been top notch. Very different, but I like it.
I can't wait to see what December has to offer.







Let's start off with a video, shall we?

1 comment:

  1. I WANT to see that tree in person. pure magic. see you soon!

    ReplyDelete