25 November 2010

Happy Thanksgiving.

I just read 4 blogs and about 40+ facebook statuses about the disappointment of the blizzard warning in Utah.

Hello! Why is nobody thankful that the blizzard didn't come in full force destroying things, endangering lives and setting records I wasn't there to be a part of. 
It is Thanksgiving after all. 
I'm thankful all my family and friends back home are safe.

I suppose it was a bit like the disappointment of the typhoon warning issued last month in Hong Kong. EVERYONE was checking the Hong Kong Observatory constantly in hopes that school would be cancelled, only to be disappointed by the storm heading for the South of China instead. 

But guess what, Utah... your school did get cancelled. Maybe it was the disappointment of all the hype, but if you had taken a minute to learn from the Chinese you would be glued to your computer screen finding articles like this: Was Tuesday's Storm A Blizzard? 
And you would know the real definition of a blizzard.


Anyways, my point is, I'm here in Hong Kong looking out my window at a 70° Thanksgiving day missing my winter wonderland of a home.

Be grateful.

1 comment: