15 October 2010

A Week of Wonderfulness.

I'm not even sure if wonderfulness is a word, but that is what my week was full of.
I'll just go ahead and give you a picture tour of all the wonderfulness.

I found out I was famous when I saw this sign in Central.

I went to Hong Kong Park...









...to meet up with my friend Perona.
She is from Australia, but has been here visiting her grandma for about 2 months. I met her at church and I'm way sad she's leaving this week.

We saw all sorts of birds in the aviary at the park.
















They were literally so close I could have reached my hand out and touched them.

Then we proceeded to the zoological & botanical gardens to see all sorts of animals.
Flamingos.














Tortoise.

Raccoon.
I was cracking up that a raccoon is considered a zoo animal here. The little plaque said something like "found in many North American regions."

Alligator.


Chimpanzee. 
Yes, that is a baby holding onto it's stomach. It was adorable. The mom was swinging all over the cage as the baby just held on tight for the ride.

Tuesday was possibly the clearest night since I've been in Hong Kong.
I walked into the common room and saw this.













Here is a closer look. I know, my view is unreal.

Next, I had the bright idea to go study at the beach.
So I hopped on a bus and headed to Sai Kung.

I studied for about an hour and then went for a walk along the beach.
I found this.

About 5 minutes later I was taking a windsurfing lesson.

Obviously this picture isn't me, but I did that.
That is my instructor in the boat.
He told me I was a fast learner, much better than the man in this picture.

Three hours on the water and I now love windsurfing
& have a terrible sunburn.

This is my neighbor Gary.
He was so kind to bring me some Chinese cuisine to try.

Here is the close up of the cow parts he wanted me to try.
Yikes. Intestines, stomach, lungs, & other organs he didn't know the English name for.
Of course I tried a few and then hurried off to yoga class just in time.

I really do love my life here.
Beautiful views & so many amazing places to see.
Never a dull moment.
When was the last time someone knocked on your door with a styrofoam container full of cow parts?

Now I get to go take my first test of the semester.
Pretty monumental.
Biological Psychology here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment