24 October 2010

Lamma Island, I love you

I took a little trip to Lamma Island on my day off last week. Yes, I went alone. That's sort of the story of my life in Hong Kong. It's okay though because I'd rather see places alone than not at all and it's tough coordinating schedules with other people. Maybe I'm lazy, maybe I'm anti-social, either way I enjoyed myself at Lamma Island.


Look closely and you can see how the graffiti on the cement wall says "Welcome to Lamma." 
It was such a welcoming place.

Everything was green and beautiful. It was the most amazing 20 minute walk through gorgeous rain forest to get to  the beach.


I can't imagine living on Lamma Island. There are no cars and no buildings over 3 stories. Life really would be so care free.

The beach was incredible as well. Barely anyone was there due to Typhoon Megi  creating a level 3 warning, but I thought it made for perfect beach weather. I got to sit alone and write a letter to my dear friend Eagle who is at the MTC.


Places like Lamma Island remind me of the beauty of the world. Hong Kong is full of hidden treasures and this outlying island certainly is one of them. Central with it's million businesses and ifc mall may be impressive to some people, but I'd take the solitude of Lamma Island over downtown HK any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment