31 October 2010

Hong Kong Halloween

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. Honestly, I don't like very much about it. As soon as the magic of trick-or-treating wore off I haven't ever had very much fun. UNTIL I came to Hong Kong. Maybe it's because I had low expectations and no great past Halloweens to compare it to, but this year was fabulous. I went to a Halloween party in LKF with some friends and it was so fun to see everyone dressed up in costumes. I don't really love to go clubbing here, but it made it way better when people were dressed up. Here are a few of my personal favorite costumes...
So I didn't really know exactly what I was dressed up as, but then people kept mentioning me being Wilma Flinstone. THEN I ran into Fred Flinstone so I just had to take a picture with him.
How typical. Hello Kitty. There were 4 of them, but I could only find 2 for the picture.


This was another person who had a twinner costume with me. Once again, I couldn't resist a picture.

I'm not exactly sure what these girls were dressed up as, but they looked great. 

This is my friend Nadia, she was facebook. So creative, too bad every single person thought so and stopped her to take pictures and compliment her all night.

Martini & Evelyne were dead dolls, it was pretty cute.

The next night I got to help out with the haunted house that my hall made. I really didn't do anything, but my roommate and some of the other locals invited me to be a part of it so I couldn't resist. They got me all dressed up and then I just hung out in the lobby and for the last hour I tried to scare people in the haunted house, but nobody took me seriously. They all just said hello like I was the friendliest person ever and not scary at all.
This is my roommate all dressed up laying in her place for the haunted house... I was honestly a little afraid to sleep in the same room with her after seeing her like this.

These are my friends Kam & Dorothy, they are the ones who asked me to participate. So sweet of them.

This is my neighbor Oscar, killing me.

Me & my lovely roommate. Such a great duo, I know.

It was really such a fun Halloween. I didn't even celebrate on actual Halloween night, but honestly what's the difference as long as I celebrated. One thing I do love is pumpkin carving and I didn't get to do that this year, but it just means I'll need to do it twice next year. It wouldn't be the same doing it without the Buie's anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment