11 September 2010

Stanley & Mr. Wong


Thursday is beach day! I headed out in search of Big Wave Bay with my friend Mabel... 18 MTR stops later we found out we were at the wrong spot to catch the bus. BUT there was a bus that went to Stanley which had a different beach so we headed out there. The beach was amazing. Such a nice perk to living in Hong Kong, it's an island. It was so great to escape the pollution for a day and finally appreciate the heat as I lounged on the beach.

This is the MTR, I've never seen it so empty, we rode it until the very last stop. Usually every single one of those poles has at least 5 people holding onto it.

Stanley Beach











Stanley Market


Now this is a picture of me with my dear friend Mr. Wong. We went out to dinner for a girl's birthday to a random little restaurant in Yau Ma Tei. It's 40 HK$ per person and it's all you can eat Chinese food. They just keep bringing plates out of fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, squid, noodles, tofu, pork, and other mystery foods. It was delicious. While we were eating the owner came over and went around the table asking in his best English (which was terribly difficult to understand) all of our names and where we were from. When  I told him I was from Utah he told me he wanted to go there and get more wives. Then after the meal he talked to me for like 20 minutes while we waited for the rain to slow down and he told me that he wanted me to be his second wife and he made some toast for me and told me about the trips he had been on in the United States and he said a lot of other stuff that I couldn't understand. He was sooo nice. He had a great laugh and when I would say something he always pointed his finger at me and laughed WAY loud. If only I knew how to get back to that restaurant...

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha that is a great story.
    Luna Wong
    totally works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's me ;)

    So I love that you have a friend named Mabel. That's Lindsays nickname for me. I also love that you went to the beach. Anyways. Once I get on here again i'll be sure to comment on every single post because I have many things to say.

    Love, Emily Buie.

    ReplyDelete