21 December 2010

Karaoke!

I really never thought I could love karaoke as much as I do now.
Hong Kong knows how to karaoke. 
My life would be amazing if Cedar City could get a karaoke place like the ones here.
Even the songs that were sung in Chinese I enjoyed. 
Mostly because I was stunned that there were crazy Chinese characters on the screen yet someone was able to sing beautifully just by looking at them.
Here is Gary for example:

There was a lovely selection of Western songs as well though.
Me & the girls had a fabulous time singing Taylor Swift.
I loved all of Roger's selections because he likes a lot of American songs.
For example we sang a lovely duet of Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat, Lucky.
And we rocked out to the Beatles.
Nothing makes a classic English song better than a heavy Chinese accent.








Then out of nowhere Kai Wing tells me 
"I think Michael Jackson really brings the world together through music." 
I asked why and he said "It's just a feeling I have." 
Then he proceeded to sing Michael Jackson, Heal the World.
It was actually a really beautiful moment.

Okay now last one...
this was my favorite song of the whole afternoon.
My favorite Chinese one at least.
It is by a really famous Taiwanese singer named Jay Chou.
The song is translated to "The Cowboy Is Busy" and Kai told me the cowboy is busy because all the girls are after him.


Here is the music video just for your viewing pleasure.
I loved it.
Really if you don't watch any of the other videos on this blog, which at this point it may be too late for that, you should for sure watch this one.


2 comments:

  1. I love how they try to make the people in the video look European. Like the one little boy with blond hair, but you can totally tell he's Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this Jay Chou song--thanks for the vids! Magical and hilarious.
    And the Michael Jackson part? WOW.

    ReplyDelete