28 August 2010

Friday Night in Lan Kwai Fong

Last night I went out with a group of International students. We rode the MTR to Hung Hom and then walked across the waterfront of the Victoria Harbour as they had a light show. I was a bit disappointed because when I think light show I'm thinking Disneyland... maybe we were just a little too late or something because we only saw like 3 buildings with laser beams shining from them. The harbour was absolutely gorgeous anyways though. Here are some pictures, but it's much better when you are looking at it & smelling the saltiness of the ocean.

After we walked across the waterfront we took a ferry across the harbor. We went up to roof patio on top of a big mall and just "chilled out." It was pretty fun. I learned all about the Scandinavian countries from 3 Swedish boys and 1 Finnish boy. Fun fact, every single country has their own version of American Idol... Swedish Idol, Finnish Idol, Australian Idol... I never knew. Also they have a contest called Eurovision where people from every European country compete with different songs and a Finnish guy named Lordi won, but apparently it wasn't a proud win for Finland because this guy is nuts. 



Hahaha. So anyways, that was a fun conversation. I learned all sorts of interesting stuff about their countries that you surely won't find in a textbook. When we were done there, everyone headed over to an area called Lan Kwai Fong that was basically a block full of bars and clubs that was jam packed with people. Don't worry, I took a picture.
I always feel super touristy taking pictures so I really haven't taken too many. It was a way fun night though. We went in a club that was basically an ice room. They had fur coats you could put on and then it was like standing in a freezer. I could see my breath which is super weird for Hong Kong, I haven't been cold at all since I got here, constant sweating basically. Oh well.

5 comments:

  1. This makes me truly warm and fuzzy inside. COME HOME. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just stumbled over this while looking at fb! So what are you doing...is this work related or like travel abroad or just for fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm studying abroad for a semester!

    ReplyDelete

  4. do you want to study in abroad today or in the next intake. we are the best and top rated study abroad consultancies in india with good visa assurance.reputed overseas consultancy in hyderabad we help you in filing the f1 visa for you in very less time. we are also help you with information needed to apply for the college university.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find deals near you, and select the one you want. lkf bars

    ReplyDelete