25 August 2010

All By Myself

Last weekend I flew on a plane from Salt Lake to Hong Kong... all by myself.
Yesterday I rode the MTR (subway) from my neighborhood to Hong Kong Island... all by myself. I had to switch trains like 4 times, but I only got on the wrong one once and it was easily fixed. I love love love riding the subway and I'm pretty freaking good at it.
This morning I woke up at 5 am... all by myself. Radio Raheem didn't survive the journey on the plane, which I'm sort of in denial about, so when I attempted to take a nap at about 6 pm last night I couldn't set my alarm and I woke up at 5 this morning. I was doing so well at not having jet lag. My roommate probably thinks I'm a crazy person. What college kid goes to sleep at 7 and wakes up at 5? How embarrassing.
So basically I'm super independent. More so than ever before in my life. Last night as I was journeying around the country via train I thought to myself "If something bad happened to me right now who would be the first person to notice I was missing?" Then I realized that there are always at least 100 Chinese people around so they would surely notice if I caused a scene. Nothing to be worried about.

So I haven't taken many pictures yet. I've just been enjoying it for myself. Here are a few pictures of the view out my window. I live on the 13th floor which is way awesome.


This one is the view out the other side of my building from the common room. I go wander through that park some mornings with the elderly people who are exercising.



1 comment:

  1. YAYAYAAYYYAAAA BLOG!!
    I am so so so happy for you.
    but gosh I miss you.

    ReplyDelete